Monday, January 20, 2014

Who am I? I am Christ's slave.

Who am I?  I am a slave. A slave to Christ. "But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life" Romans 6:22).  
 
Christ bought me on the auction block of humanity. It was not because of anything inherent in me. I had nothing to offer him but me and my broken emotions and spirit. I was quite worthless to anyone including myself. The only reason he bought me is because he loves me. He paid a high price for me. The highest price that could ever be imagined. He bought me not with money. Not with silver and gold. But he bought me with the price of his precious blood poured out on Calvary. 
 
I am His slave. He is my Master. He owns me.
 
He is a benevolent Master providing everything - I mean everything - I could ever need or want.  
 
He provides the food I eat.  The house I live in. The clothes I wear. He provides the joyous and faithful companionship of my dear wife. He provides.
 
He provides protection from the evil one and from those who sought to destroy me and my ministry for Him. He is my fortress and my deliverer. My shield against the fiery darts of the wicked one. I am kept safe from all harm. 
 
Since I am secure in my being, I am at peace. My Master provides that. Nothing can separate me from my Master. No one or nothing can steal me away from Him. 
 
I am whole and well mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. I drink from Living Water. My food is His bread. His broken body that purchased me.   My Master provides this slave my food and drink - His very body and blood. 
 
As the slave of Christ, I do what he tells me to do.  His commands are not grievous!  He directs my thoughts and actions. Thus, He gives me purpose and I know who I am and why I am here. 
 
It is a blessed state indeed to be. To be Christ's slave. Why would I want to run away?  Why would I want to leave?  
 
Who am I?  I am Christ's slave. O praise His name!  I glory in His ownership of me!  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment