Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Who Am I? I am God's temple.

Who am I?  I am God's temple.

I am defined as God's temple. I am holy.  Sacred. Separated from the common and made special because I am dedicated to God through Christ.

My mother dedicated me to the Lord before I was born!  When I was a child, I became conscious of God calling me and choosing me.  Mother dedicated me. I dedicated myself. Most of all, Christ dedicated me with the sacrifice of His blood.

That's the way they dedicated the Temple.  Lots of animals were sacrificed to dedicate the Temple to the Lord and set it apart for service and the worship of Jehovah God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Jesus sacrificed Himself making my temple holy and set apart for worship. His blood sacrifice dedicated my temple for service and worship for Him.

And, the Lord filled that Temple with His glory. The priests couldn't perform their service because the glory of the Lord came down. The Lord inhabitated His Temple!

Like that Temple, I am God's Temple filled with the glory of God!  The glory of the Lord inhabits me. His Spirit inhabits me. He fills me with Himself   That's who I am. A place of God's abiding Spirit. Christ in me. The glory of Christ fills me.  That's a powerful reality.

I'm not filled with the stuff of this world that looks appealing when new but too soon becomes broken, outdated, and discarded as junk.

I am not filled with revenge or the spirit of retaliation. I am not filled with the idols of pleasure, the co-dependency of pleasing people, or fleshly desires. NO,  I am instead filled with the glory of Christ. The glory of His love.  The glory of His mystery. And, the glory of His grace and truth!  The glory of Christ fills my temple. Every inch and every corner from wall to wall and from floor to ceiling. That's who I am! That's who I was made to be. That's who I am dedicated to be.

That's very humbling to me.  It's still hard for me to accept that reality.

That Temple was filled with gold and silver instruments of worship. The seraphim with wings outstretched watched over the ark of the covenant and the covenant is the promises that He keeps with His chosen people.

I too am gold and silver instruments in my worship of Christ. My worship makes me valuable to the Lord for He inhabits my praise as He inhabits my temple.  I am not a common thing. I am not ordinary but extraordinary. I am special, holy, called to seve Him as the instrument and building for worship. I fulfill the chief purpose for which I was created.  To worship Christ and enjoy Him forever.  To have the pleasure of His company in a holy and eternal sacred love relationship!

And like the seraphim so watched over that Temple, so God's angels watch over me. I can't think of numerous times they looked after me. For example, one time I fell asleep at the wheel and they, although unseen, guided me into a safe place where I woke up.  My heart beat fast. I was stunned. When I realized what had happened, I offered praise to the One who dispatches His angels to care and look out for me. Angels watching over me day and night.  When I sleep. When I awake. Angels watching over my temple like in days of old.

The Temple's materials were very expensive. It cost a lot of money to purchase the building materials. It cost a lot to purchase my Temple for the Lord's use as well. I was bought with a price, the blood of Jesus.  A price that cannot be measured.

I am not my own. I do not own my "I."  Christ owns it.  The title to myself has been transferred to Christ. He owns me and made me His Temple to inhabit me and fill me with His glory.

Since my Temple was purchased from me by the blood of Jesus, I am no longer controlled by sinful addictions. I am free to be who Christ wants me to be. A place where He abides and forms His image of glory in me.

I am no longer under human control. I am no longer controlled by who if thought others wanted me to be and do.  For me, that is FREEDOM! And it took a long time for me to finally realize this as my identity - God's magnificent Temple. That's who I am. I am God's Temple made into a place where He abides and receives my worship of Him.

The incense rising from my Temple altar of prayer is a pleasing aroma to Him. I am to please Him and not others. I am to please Him and not myself. I live to worship Him. I live to worship You!

You are the Lamp in my Temple filling me with Light. I give my life to you. You are the only One I'm living for. I give my all to you.

O Lord, fill my Temple with your glory. Cleanse me. Glorify yourself through my Temple. I live to testify of your glory, power, and your life in me.

Who am I?  I am a temple of the Holy Spirit of Christ!

"Here In My Life," Darlene Zschech
 

No comments:

Post a Comment