Friday, January 24, 2014

Who am I? I am light.

Who am I? I am light. The light does not come from me. It is given, a free gift by the Light - the Father of lights through the Light of the world.

The darkness that was in me has been overcome by the Light. I was confused, depressed, and filled with dark despair not knowing who I am.

In the darkness, I blindly searched for my self and was lost. I tried to find my selfhood in others. I wanted their accolades, praise, and well-done. I searched for something I could never have. It was a tortuous search. The darkness closed in around me.

The darkness told me I was a failure. All I could sense was the rejection from others that left me bruised and battered from stumbling around in the dark tripping over things I could not see.  Confused. And groping for something to hold on to. I wasn't in a good place.

But the Light was in me all the time. It was like having a switch to a light in the blackest night that went unused.

Finally and thank God, faith switched the Light on and flooded my soul making me light from the Light of life.

I do not produce that light. Rather, I am like the moon receiving light from the Father of lights through the Son.

The Light showed me who I am. Brilliant. Shining. I am light shining. No more darkness in my soul, emotions, or mind.  Nor more stumbling and falling. The Light shows me the way how to live and shows me who I am.  It is a blessed state.

The Light produces the fruit of righteousness and truth and enables me to see what pleases The Lord.

That is my purpose. It is not in pleasing others and seeking their approval like I tried to do in the darkness.

Not only has the Light been switched on to reveal my misguided search for self hood, but the Light makes me light. The light of the world flooding the darkness to show others the Way, the Truth, and the Life even as the Light showed me who I am and shows me the path to follow.

The Light keeps me in the place of peace. No matter where I go or what circumstances surround me. I know who I am. I am light because I now live in the Light. Nothing can extinguish it. It is everlasting because the Light is forever shining in me and on me.

 Who am I? I am light. Oh praise the Light. Glory be to the Light for God is Light. In Him is no darkness!

No comments:

Post a Comment